News Flash

St. Bernard Parish News

Posted on: March 28, 2022

St. Bernard Parish Update


Process to Get Your Electricity Back On After the Tornado – Homes with Minor Damage


If the connection to your electric meter is damaged, an electrician will need to repair the damage and file for a reconnection with St Bernard Parish Government’s Department of Community Development.  

Below are the following steps.

  1. A local licensed electrician files for a reconnection permit with the Parish (504)-278-4310.
  2. The electrician completes repair work and calls the Parish for an inspection.
  3. The Parish will inspect the work.  If approved, the Parish notifies Entergy and releases the meter to them.
  4. Entergy completes the work and turns on the power.

The Parish is not charging the standard permit fee to the electrician.  

If Entergy has not restored power within a day of the Parish inspection, call Entergy (1-800-ENTERGY).


If you have sustained major damage, you will be required to have an electric meter on a temporary pole.  

The property owner needs to notify Entergy to register for a temporary pole account.


Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in St. Bernard Parish News


St. Bernard Parish Update

Posted on: October 11, 2021

St. Bernard Parish Update

Posted on: May 13, 2021